Author Topic: All you need to predator hunt  (Read 1695 times)

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
All you need to predator hunt
« on: August 10, 2010, 04:36:47 PM »
From my experience all you need is a Foxpro spitfire and perhaps few hand calls. The spitfire e caller holds plenty of calls more than most people will use. Basis calls are cottontail rabbit, jackrabbit, mouse squeak,
distress and canine sounds. As far as hand calls dying rabbits, rubber squeakier (very important),  and perhaps a howler. 95 percent of my game is called in with distress sounds. Any thing else is a waste of money. I have traveled in many states hunting predators and from experience this is what works. Don,t be sucked by new and fancy colored calls. The best hand calls that WORK all the time are the Critter Call, Tweety Calls, Green rubber Sceery calls and rubber bulb squeaker. Bobcats,coyotes and fox. If I had only two calls to use it would be bird distress call and cottontail call. Over the years I have found that most animals show themselves within 15 minutes. Few take more than 30 minutes. I have over 60 hand calls and use only 4 of them that work. My Foxpro Fury has over 200 sounds. I only use about 10 sounds. If you need help picking sounds that work just pm me. If you follow my direction you can be a world class predator hunter for under $250.00.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 04:59:21 PM by foxpro51 »

uncle buck

Re: All you need to predator hunt
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 06:14:07 PM »
It's good to listen to the seasoned callers and learn from them..

Sometimes I kind of wish that I did not own 140 closed reed mouth calls.. However I have learned to shy away from them now....I do purchase less calls now. All calls will work..You just have to make them sound like they are hurting...So all those 140 closed reed calls I have will and have called in predators.
Actually you could hurt yourself a bit too..You get to use 140 mouth calls but not truly get good with 139 of them..
then just say you use those calls in a non hunt situation.  yep it could hurt your then.. So there are so many pro and cons of owning a lot of calls and not owning a lot of calls.

I sometimes think of older folk then myself...They never went anywhere... Never purchased a computer or learned  this and learned that...They lived long lives but never did anything...In my eyes they were dead years before they really died...

We do learn so much in life from our mistakes... Even calling you get busted oh maybe 4 times on the same coyote you start to learn real fast..However someone telling me to do this ain't going to make me better..You have to pay the price and learn from your mistakes..

I know of a guy that is one outstanding woodsmen...He hunts with a 44 Mag Lever action rifle (no Scope).  He kills a buck year after year after year with the 44 Mag.. Does not own one other deer gun.

However me...I guess I saw Paris...You know "how are you going to keep them down on the farm after they have  seen Paree" No way would I own just one deer rifle...

So I am glad I have tried 140 closed reed calls and like some and did not like others...

However...you have heard the saying?  "Beware of the one gun man" Well "beware of the one mouth call man too because they probably could make that one mouth call do everything"..

However me...I feel you should get out there and learn from the old timers but also get out there and make your own mistakes too.... What ever those mistakes may be that pertain to predator calling and just things in life..