Author Topic: Predator extreme  (Read 2158 times)

Offline DAVID1

• Junior Forum Member
Predator extreme
« on: March 04, 2010, 07:22:15 PM »
Got the new book today! One section caught me off gaurd.  They were talking about coyotes and hunting them in certain places that may require smaller caliber guns , or being close to public area's.. It states in there that one option may be a  "High power air rifle" in such cases like restrictions or public areas as stated. That just kinda made me laugh.
 Alot of opinions on 17 hmr not being enough! Who is using an air gun? This air gun better be able to put the pellet RIGHT where I want it. Eyeball.

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Predator extreme
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 07:25:26 PM »
some of the newer .25 cal one they are saying can kill a coyote out to 50 or 60 yards.  i have never shot one or even seen them yet. 

uncle buck

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 07:45:29 PM »
I see them written up all the time... Air guns that can kill big predators. Even wild boar. ..Pa won't allow anyone to legally shoot a sparrow with a BB gun.  I probably be so old then It would no longer matter to me...

See this is kind of a sign of how liberal hunting is also getting like the world..
What I truly worry about is when the Cali thing of lead hits East.  What will all the reloaders do with all of their lead bullets they have on the reloading bench shelf? What about you lead shotgun shells you have stashed away or even your lead pellets...

Offline lonewolf

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 07:36:53 PM »
Have to see it to believe it, id stick to a real gun!

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 07:46:16 PM »
I looked at some of those. They have come a long way but I still think you better be a Sniper grade shooter to kill a Coyote with one. It's just not enough gun. One of the Sportsman Channels has a regular half hour show on at night all about the new airguns. I'll watch for it and post what channel. day, and time it is on. I think it is called the American Air Gunner" but I'm not positive.
President PPHA

Offline catmando

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 02:47:12 PM »
i seen the airgunner show the other day and the guy killed some kind of exotic sheep at 70 yards with 2 shots

Offline Rich Cronk

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2010, 06:39:00 PM »
They make some large caliber air rifles these days though.