Author Topic: Doing Visuals or Drive By's!!!!!!!  (Read 2490 times)

uncle buck

Doing Visuals or Drive By's!!!!!!!
« on: February 11, 2010, 09:33:31 PM »
Took the Mrs for a ride today looking for farms that had parking areas cleaned... Best to know this before any actual hunting with all the snow.

However as I drove by I tried to look for tracks...Saw a few in areas not open to my hunting...However it does appear that they are not moving in the big fields.......Might be wise when you call to go to areas that you can call too...Heavy brush. woodlots, forest...  AKA Pine Trees....Predator are surely in the areas that have the least snow....Might be more productive for you to call to those areas... remember they will come to the call just where it's legal...Now is the time to use the well scoped rifle..On a negative side if you do pop one at a longer distance you are going to have retrieve it...Maybe You Should Wait Until You See The Whites Of Their Eyes?  Or Shot One First Then Worry About Getting To It?

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Doing Visuals or Drive By's!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 05:06:34 AM »
Took the Mrs for a ride today looking for farms that had parking areas cleaned... Best to know this before any actual hunting with all the snow.

at 5:00 in the morning when i first read this i thought you were saying that you took the Mrs out to help you cleaning some parking spots at your farms.   :D

Offline catmando

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 06:21:35 AM »
for you guys that got all this snow if you had some bait stations out you could really knock them down

Offline Pa yote hunter

• PPHA Members
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 08:32:45 AM »
Not true I was just out to check this morning and since the snow last week nothing hitting it at all.Before the snow it looked like a coyote farm in where the bait is tracks,scat everywhere you looked but since the snow nothing...

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 08:42:25 AM »
PaYH says-
Not true I was just out to check this morning and since the snow last week nothing hitting it at all
Give 'em a few days to break trail and get move'n. They will come.

uncle buck

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 05:51:29 PM »
Mammals...Today was the first day the squirrel started to TRY to walk on the snow in the yard...Yep might be a day or two but they, predators will have to start moving or they will have to eat SNOW CONES.

Just remember this and use it for understanding predators.... Predators are mammals...We are mammals...Mammals need food.  Also human mammals don't like their chain yanked....So to outsmart the real smart predator mammals...Yank their chain...... "Talk To The Animals"  With Your Call.....Puppy whines, kiyi both pup and adult and canine simualted fights....Ah everybody likes a good fight...

uncle buck

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 05:55:12 PM »

at 5:00 in the morning when i first read this i thought you were saying that you took the Mrs out to help you cleaning some parking spots at your farms.   :D

No Texacan women will even lower herself to shovel snow if she can help it...She use to do a little shoveling now and then...Yesteryear,  it's just "The Soups On" for when I am done performing the shoveling..... She will go get me two Tylenol too...

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2010, 07:05:32 AM »
scott said...
when i first read this i thought you were saying that you took the Mrs out to help you cleaning some parking spots
That's what I thought too!
Geez UB, you missed a chance to do some in-season work, make park'n spots. Save some time instead of dive'n around. And you missed chance for you the wife to do something together. ;D
Christmas '08 I gave my wife a new snow shovel and new boots (no kid'n).
UB, maybe you should take your wife shopping for a 4x4, chains, tow chain & shovel...LOL.

uncle buck

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2010, 06:20:29 PM »
I often asked her to go predator hunting with me in the warmer months...Her response  "When Those Shinning Eyes That Come To Your Calling Turn Out To Be Real Diamonds That When She Will Go Predator Hunting With Me!" 
Also when fishing....She always hits me with" "Jim Tell Me When The Fun Begins?"