Author Topic: help  (Read 2530 times)

Offline mountain dog

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
help
« on: November 10, 2009, 06:06:55 PM »
I have a 20 ga. 222 over and under. The rifle shoots great, Till I shoot the shot gun. Should I use a shot gun scope to help this? I have a taki 12 ga. 222 over and under that has never done this. It is about 45 yrs. How ever the 12 ga. is not 3 inch.     Thanks for your help.     Mountain dog 

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: help
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 06:12:24 PM »
both savage and the remington spartan have the problem, savage made a mount that they put on the gun to fix the scope from moving.  I had a remington that did it and it was something with the wedges and they couldn't get the parts out of Russia to fix it, remington actually bought back the gun. 

what brand is the one you are having problems with?   

Offline mountain dog

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 06:17:24 PM »
Savage  I have 3 of them they are all ok but this one    Mountain dog

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 06:23:23 PM »
now this is interesting to me. because I am having the same problem.  scott do you know what part is moving?  mine is a baikial izh 94 which is before remington started to import them.  I just noticed it here as of late and I think it has to do with the middle screw being wacky.  I might need to get EAA to fix mine.  which is who was importing them at the time.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 06:48:53 PM »
some of the savages had the problem of the scope moving, a better scope may help but i know i read they made a mount for the problem. 

Ben, 

I am not sure of the part they only mentioned the wedge when i talk with them once, EAA out of FL is still having them shipped in from Russia and Remington put their name on it, i had to deal with EAA at first and they were horrible to deal with, i finally told Remington you put your name on it and it is your responsiblity they had me call EAA and get the gun back then they bought it back.  from what i understood, the part they needed was in Russia and they couldn't get it.  every time i touched off the shotgun the rifle poi would move 3inches to the left and 3in high.  if i just shot the rifle it would shoot clovers all day.  i wasted a lot of ammo on that gun, but i ended up getting my .17 fireball out of the deal, which i wouldn't trade for anything.   

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 06:51:53 PM »
I am having the exact same issue.  I tried getting a hold of eaa today.  the said they would call me back immediately but I never received a phone call.  I will keep naggin them.   ;D
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 06:54:34 PM »
Good Luck.

uncle buck

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 07:22:15 PM »
Eeryone I talk to that has the TIKI over and old shotgun rifle combos brag on them.
I was never to excited about my Savage Model 24 V 223/12....Never really gave it a good work out at the range.. I have killed fox with the shotgun.    I did take the gun to a gunsmith who installed a Weaver scope for me.... The bases and rings are on tight but I will have to take it to the club and shoot it at both the rifle range for the 223 and then the shotgun pattern range.  Even if the shotgun hit in the same spot you could always just adjust the hold so that it would hit. Main thing is to get the rifle zerod and hope the shotgun patterns.....If it goes all over the place like Scott's it's just not worth it....   

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2009, 09:27:22 PM »
I think I need a Tikiki gun with the .223.  Can someone post a picture of these combo guns?  It would be the cats meow if they came out with a .22 hornet or 17 fireball with the 3" 12 guage for the ultimate fox combo

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2009, 10:49:34 PM »
The Tiki Combo was known as the SSA look on gunbroker for Tika .222.  You find one if you're lucky.  My wifes uncle found one at a local gun shop for about $350-$400 in 99% condition.  I have offered to buy it from him.  He laughed.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline archerobx

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2009, 03:40:15 PM »
the savage is junk. so i will take it off your hands as a favor.
i have  a bushnell shotgun scope and the reticle is a circle with the crosshairs i side. .222 is dead on and for the shotgun i put the circle over it.
not perfect but good enough for the way i shoot