Author Topic: Anyone Hunting in Cumberland/Perry  (Read 4732 times)

Offline smd189

Re: Anyone Hunting in Cumberland/Perry
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2008, 06:14:04 PM »
What part of Perry were you searching?  I can't wait until it snows again so I can check the same area out where I saw the tracks last year. 

Offline smd189

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2008, 03:07:40 PM »
My friend saw 5 coyotes in Cumberland on Sat. while deer hunting.  They kept running back and forth through the property all day.  He hit one with an 06 and dropped it.  When he got down to it though, it jumped up and took off.  They tracked it for quite awhile following a good blood trail, but then it stopped. 

uncle buck

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2008, 12:11:44 AM »
If you see coyotes tracks making a bee line from Point A to point B then they are just passing through the farm.  However if you see the tracks weaving in and out and check out wood piles etc etc they are hunting there........ When coyotes run they put one paw on top of another...Transpose.....Domestic dogs do not do this when they run... Their tracks do not overlap like a coyotes...

So if you see tracks that are checking every brush pile or barn out then you have coyotes that are hunting the area........ If you just see a straight line of tracks then they are just traveling through and enjoying he scenic area of the country side.... 

I hunt Cumberland County......Fox and coyotes are getting a lot smarter there for some reason.....Will you guys please stop using the Johnny Stewart Baby Cottontail sound....LOL LOL
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 12:16:23 AM by uncle buck »