Author Topic: Step by Step, advice?  (Read 1934 times)

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
Step by Step, advice?
« on: December 23, 2008, 11:39:33 AM »
 I have been hunting the same areas for the past month and a half. Can you please tell me (in general), What you do from the time you park to the time you leave a stand? I have only killed two reds this year and that was that first week in Nov. when it was warm. Both taken to red fox distress sounds in the evening (before dark). I have gotten new places to hunt and I don't want to make any mistakes on these stands, if possible. Thanks.
FayetteNam

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Step by Step, advice?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 02:40:35 PM »
What area you from? Your age, gender is not listed here.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 02:47:28 PM by foxpro51 »

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 03:04:19 PM »
District 6/ Fayette City (Gillespie), Pa./ 31 years old/ male
FayetteNam

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 03:29:37 PM »
if you've been hunting the same spots for more then 2 times in the past month, you're beating the area to death... it seems like you know 1/2 way what your doing by the 2 fox last month...

get into the new areas and let what you been hunting rest for a while...

walk in, let the spot settle for a few minutes while you quietly set up... I always start with a mouse squeak in case I walked in close on fur, then start the calling sequence... call intermittently for 20-30 minutes... if nothing shows one more set of mouse squeaks then silently get outta there...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 04:12:42 PM »
If you want to get together PM me or e mail me foxpro51@comcast.net. I'll show you how to do it. I love to call for newbies.

District 6 Rt51 Jefferson Hills.  Dale , I called additional fox out of the same area that i hunted twice in the same month.  The third

time i just used different calls and different location. There are more than one fox in an area.  The closer you get to breeding season the more

fox you can pull out of an area. I am thinking of going out tonight but no one to go with. Most of you guys work tomorrow.

RETIRED and Retirement is killing me. LOL     Phone 412-818-9170

« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 04:55:26 PM by foxpro51 »