Author Topic: Hi everyone newbie here  (Read 1840 times)

Offline rivrwrat

Hi everyone newbie here
« on: December 14, 2008, 01:43:00 PM »
Hi all from Lancaster co. Glad to find this forum I will be asking all kinds of questions I just started fox hunting did not get any yet but am hooked after the first hunt So first question does anyone  hunt them during the day? or just all night hunters?

Offline smd189

Re: Hi everyone newbie here
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 03:03:52 PM »
I'm new here as well.  I would like to hunt them during the day as well.  It seems like everyone hunts them at night though.  I'm thinking I will try just before dark.  I am also trying to find farms to hunt on in south central PA.  I live in the Hershey area now.  The only fields I can are on state game lands.  Good luck.

Offline dreamcatcher

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • bizubm43@gmail.com
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 05:00:17 PM »
Fox can be hunted successfully by daylight, as I can attest.
The odds are better at dusk or dawn. Like other predators though, they mainly are nocturnal.
 Welcome to our board and I hope you will join us as a PPHA member.
NRA Endowment Life
Pa Trappers

Offline ysp1503

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 07:36:52 PM »
Hi, just add my 2 cents. When calling we call 100% at night for fox. But during the deer season while driving for deer alot of times you will run out a fox of the drive. We always go back to those places after deer season and put on drives just like you would for deer and alot of times those fox are still there and will run out the same places. great fun an you can do that in the daytime!