Author Topic: Bobcat Pemit Question  (Read 1879 times)

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Bobcat Pemit Question
« on: September 29, 2008, 06:54:35 PM »
My friend Renny28 posted this question on another site (see below).
Can someone give me the correct answer to relay to Renny?
Thanks.

Renny
Trapper

Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Bobcat hunting at night?   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the conditions and authorizations sheet that I received with my cat permit it states:

"it is unlawful under this permit to take or attempt to take a bobcat through the use of an artificial light."

Under the general hunting regulations in the hunting digest is states:

"A person hunting racoons, skunks, opposums, bobcats, weasels, foxes, and coyotes on foot may use a handheld light, including a gun-mounted light."

I know after I left the PPHA and mentioned this on a forum that some individuals took the time to fight this and get it changed so we could use a light to hunt cats. Has something changed that I'm not aware of???
Renny

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Bobcat Pemit Question
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 07:31:58 PM »
they must have screwed up again.  they did the same thing last year hern.  they then came out two weeks later and sent another notice out saying it is ok.  have him call harrisburg and point it out and you will find that as it is wrote in the book is correct.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

tom p

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 08:09:40 PM »
my permit reads....
under section D.  it is LAWFUL under this permit to take or attempt to take a bobcat through the use of an artificial light. 

Hern when i read thru it sat. morning the first time i thought the same as renny after i read it the second time i understood it better-i think the take or attempt to take throw people off on what its saying.

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 04:54:50 PM »
Hern, like Tom and Ben stated it is LAWFUL.  It is stated correctly on my paper.  Maybe he misunderstood it.......Tim
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 06:41:05 PM »
Thanks Guys.
Renny messed  up and some guys set him straight.
Here's what he said...

Renny
Trapper

Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject:   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I screwed up guys... fell off the wagon and must have read it wrong. It is legal to use an artificial light.

I'm an idiot.....